It's here in less than two weeks! Have you bought your tickets yet? If not - and you are still wondering why you should attend, and why your presence matters:
5. You just started a gluten free diet and have no idea what you can eat that tastes good. Come try samples and get coupons!
4. You’ve been doing this gluten free thing for years and are in a rut. It will be a great way to find out about new products! (I've personally been doing this for six years and seeing Sweet Note Bagels website almost made me cry. Their bagels will be auctioned off at the Expo!)
3. To spend an afternoon at the beautiful Centennial Barn in Cincinnati!
2. It is a huge encouragement to be surrounded by others who understand the same eating restrictions – and also to be able to show up at an event where you can eat everything there safely!
1. To support Gluten Free For Cincinnati (similar name to Gluten Free in Cincinnati here, but my website and this group are only linked by friendship) in their effort to raise awareness about gluten free needs and support in the Cincinnati region. Chrissy of Gluten Free For Cincinnati has worked tirelessly to put this event together, as well as the Gluten Free Walk last spring and the Gluten Free Day at the Reds Ballpark that is coming up in May.
Chrissy called some of us together a few months ago to help her try and spread the word about these events – and it was an amazingly fun meeting. Fun to meet others that I had only known as names on Facebook, so encouraging to be with other gluten-free folk that have the same excitement at new products in our local stores and have the same frustrations at lack of options in other areas (like the Reds ballpark, restaurants compared to other cities, lack of support groups for both adults and children). These people around the table were all so passionate, and want so badly to help others on this journey that they are also walking. There are good things in the pipeline for the gluten free community here in Cincinnati and attending this Expo is helping make those things happen. Not only monetarily (by paying admission costs), but by simply attending and showing vendors that yes, there is an interest and a need for gluten free foods and services in this area.
This is what happens when gluten free people meet up - COOKIES!!!!
(Sharing sweets and ideas at a planning meeting)
Help spread the word! And hope to see you there!
April 19, 2015
The Centennial Barn
110 Compton Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45215
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Go here for more information and to purchase tickets: